Since its emergence, the economy of Pakistan was mainly agrarian and industries could be counted on fingertips. Then occurred a quick shift of trend towards industrialization and contribution of this sector towards GDP showed a spectacular improvement. Meanwhile, the trade union movement gained momentum, therefore, need for regulating the industrial relations gained importance. In this background employers felt the need to unite on a platform and play their due role in the building of new nation.
With a view to bring employers of Pakistan on one platform to safeguard their interests, enlightened employers founded the federation in the year 1950.
FOUNDER MEMBERS OF EFP
1. Mr. J.N. Kerr, Merchant, Karachi
Imperial Chemical Industries (Export) Limited
2. Mr. J.W. Smith, Merchant, Karachi
Standard Vacuum Oil Company
3. Mr. J.K. Marker, Merchant, Karachi
Bridgstocke Eduljee & Company
4. Mr. B. Fane-Saunders, Merchant, Karachi
Pakistan Tobacco Company Ltd.
5. Mr. R.N. Brunt, Merchant, Karachi
Burmah-Shell Oil Storage & Distributing Co. of Pakistan Ltd.
6. Mr. Wright, Naval Architect, Karachi
Alcock Ashdown & Co. Ltd.
7. Mr. E. Russell-Wells, Merchant, Karachi
Karachi Electric Supply Corporation Limited.